If you are reading this blog right now, Congratulations!
Either you got engaged earlier or you just recently got engaged, you are one step closer to your big day! We totally understand that you might be feeling nervous about your wedding day and worrying about all the future planning. If you have the time to continue reading, I’m sure that this article will help you take some stress away. Our crew from A.Vision Studios will help you create an authentic and personalized love story for you and your loved ones.
Let’s go through this brief guide about what you should know before taking your engagement photos:
- Do we have to take engagement photos?
No, you don’t have to take engagement photos if you don’t want to or you don’t have this part in your culture wedding. If you do plan on taking engagement photos, then hiring one or two professional photographers on your proposal day is all you need. Most couples will put their engagement photos on their wedding website or social media. Some people would also put that in a video to play during the actual wedding. Anyhow, the choice is in your hands and do what you think is best for you.
- How do I know what style of engagement photos I want?
At A.Vision Studios, our crew works with the best and most dedicated photographers for a level of perfection. Before you come to us for a consultation, you could definitely search some images online and look for some inspiration. Go on Instagram, Google search or Pinterest to collect 5 to 10 photos that you love the most and bring them with you. We would try our best to meet your style preferences and expectations for the photos.
Location is everything and it is the first thing you should decide before taking your engagement photos. Pick a place you and your partner both love to visit, a place that can represent your relationship. It could be the place where you two first meet each other, or a place you two always go together. Don’t be afraid if you want to incorporate your both favorite activities in the shooting. For example, doing yoga, watching a movie at home or cooking a delicious meal together on a Saturday night. We encourage you to be as creative as you can because this memory belongs the two of you and it will last forever. We will help you and give some possible alternative plans for you to choose from a professional photographer’s perspective after you pick your ideal location.
If you are people who love to check out new places, you can certainly pick any locations and create more memories with your loved ones. Just in case if you have no idea where to pick, we prepare a backup list for you to refer to. Here are a couple of suggested popular destinations (Toronto) for engagement photos in various styles:
- Classic: University of Toronto Downtown Campus, Osgoode Hall, Guildwood Park, Yorkville, Fairmont Royal York Hotel, Graydon Hall Manor
- Casual/Street style: Queen West, Distillery District, St. Lawrence Market
- Nature: Cherry Beach, Evergreen Brick Works, High Park, Edwards Gardens Conservatory, Toronto Island Park
- In photography, the best period to do any shooting is between the time of “Golden Hour”. In other words, an hour or so before the sun goes down is the picture-perfect time to shoot portraits. Pick a sunny day for your shooting so we can take advantages of the “golden hour”, when there’s the gorgeous warm light shining towards your body. The natural lighting has the power to make your skin and hair look flawless and glowing. Another good option for taking photos is during a cloudy day. The soft and even natural lighting works even better as it can flatter almost any subject, not just for portraits. The difference is quite obvious as you will be able to see the beautiful tones created by the fully-detailed shadows and highlights in your photos. Normally, a full engagement photo session is not going to last for a whole day and can be finished within 2 to 3 hours. The photographers will plan everything and schedule you based on the time of sunset of the day.
- How long does it take to get my printed copy?
- You can expect to get your printed copy in 3 to 4 weeks after the shooting day. Please talk to us if you have an urgent request, we can definitely speed up the process for you!
I hope the information above can help you feel a little bit less stressful now. And if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here for you!